Swing Set Lounge Code of Conduct
Paper copies of the Code of Conduct are available at the check-in table at Swing Set Lounge.
Declaration of safe space:
Swing Set Lounge is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable event experience for everyone regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment in any form at our venue. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the venue organizers.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments related to any of the categories above
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Inapproriate or unwanted physical contact
- Unwelcome attention of any kind
- Repeated behavior of any kind that you have been asked to stop
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the venue with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please see one of the venue organizers in person as soon as possible, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Event volunteers will be happy to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance and your safety.
General code of conduct:
- Be respectful of your fellow attendees.
- No means no for all situations in all cases. If someone does not want to dance with you or does not want to dance with you in a particular way, accept that. Dancing with someone or dancing in a particular way is not a right.
- You may always choose to refuse a dance. You do not have to give a reason.
- Please do not offer unsolicited advice to fellow dancers.
- Please be aware of your surroundings on the dance floor to avoid collisions and injuries.
- Arials and lifts are not allowed on the social dance floor. They are reserved for dance jams, performances, and arials classes. If you are seen performing moves the compromise the safety of yourself or others, you will be asked to stop.
- Be respectful of venue organizers and volunteers, even if you are experiencing personal frustration.
- Be clear of others’ boundaries and be clear when you are setting your personal boundaries. Be respectful of those who do not have the social ability to understand a ‘hint’. If you need help setting a boundary, please ask. Venue organizers will be happy to help you.
- Please take care of your physical hygiene, clean your body, refrain from attending when contagious, take medications if needed, bring a extra clothing or a hand towel if you need one, and use the serving utensils when taking food from communal dishes.
- Please refrain from wearing heavy or strong scents. Some people have allergies.
- Do not take anything that does not belong to you.
- Please be welcoming, kind, and friendly; you are an ambassador for swing dancing. The continued success of Swing Set Lounge relies most heavily on the fun and safe space we create as attendees.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the environment at Swing Set Lounge, please talk to one of the venue organizers. We want to hear your experience.